Monday, 20 August 2012

Ten Things About Me


Favourite part of my day:  First thing in the morning when I get up and make a strong cup of tea.... that tastes so good!  And then later, about an hour after sunrise, when the sun has reached all the corners of the valley, and the edges of the mountains are crisp and clear against the sky..... I love standing on our terrace near the pavilion and looking down the hill, seeing the glistening dew drops on the grass, watching magpies wandering around while kookaburras perch on the fence or the bird table; counting the ducks swimming on the dam or feeding on the grass, noting whether there are cows on the river flats, looking to see if the wrens or fantails are flitting around.....
Loving:  The friendship, support and discussion at our Friday Night Bible Study Group – and the meal-times too!
Needing to:  train my body to sleep through a whole night so I wake up feeling really refreshed and only need the smallest of nana naps in the afternoon!   
      Oh – and I need to be more diligent in doing my household chores BEFORE I have fun doing other things!
Struggling with: Daily exercise!  I have been enjoying the treadmill when I can watch something interesting on the DVD player – musicals seem to be the easiest to ‘walk to’.  
Knowing:  that I need to persevere, possibly for a couple of years to get down to my target weight – and then I’ll need to stay disciplined so I don’t put it on again!
Planning:  we’ve already had various celebrations this year.  At the end of June it was 43 years since we first went out together: we’ve just finished celebrating Vern’s 70th birthday at the end of July, and in a week’s time it will be 5 years since we moved into this house. 
       On November 20th it will be exactly 20 years since we got back together again – and that will be well worth a big celebration!
Looking forward to:  The time when my husband Vern has his ‘second’ retirement!  It will be good to be able to do things together each day – even if it is just having a lazy coffee together – and see him relaxed and enjoying a slower pace of life – but more importantly have him able to choose what to do and when.
In the meantime:  I have been thoroughly enjoying having the time to focus on scrapbooking.  I’m one-fifth along the way towards my goal of 144 double layouts in the year 2012.  In fact, I’m enjoying it so much I feel guilty at doing something so self-absorbing! 
  However I think it is very important to avoid having too many regular commitments, so that when my husband does retire (again!) I am not too busy to enjoy it!
In the distant future:  I hope that we will be able to choose the right time to move to a smaller house and garden in Wauchope while we are still active enough to be able to enjoy frequent visits from our grandchildren and maybe even some baby-sitting… although it will be more ‘child-sitting’ by then…... 
Hoping:  I do pray for the blessing of growing old together.....  I pray that we can get to see all of our children happy in their relationships and their daily lives and work.  And I look forward, God willing, to watching our grand-children as they grow up.  I am so impressed by what a great job our daughters and their husbands are already doing bringing up their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment